The must-have platter shopping list
Have you seen our just-launched Saturday Night In platter packs?! These collections of tastiness come in two delicious options – Favourites and Gluten-Free.
With these platter packs in mind, we wanted to share our ‘must-have’ supermarket list for our platter enthusiasts to enjoy.
This is the most crucial part of any platter - making sure you have the right platter additions on your list. Here is our standard board list, fit for 2-5 people. For a standard platter, make sure to have at least two cured meats and cheeses, one dip, two nuts, one savoury and two fresh selections.
- Cured meats: prosciutto, beef pastrami, Italian salami, chorizo.
- Dips: hummus, guacamole, pesto
- Nuts: almonds, macadamia, pumpkin seeds
- Savory: mini gherkins, olives or stuffed capsicums
- Fresh: carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber
Of course, there are options for other platter boards, depending on the size of your party. Take your platter to the next level with…
- Snacks: popcorn, bliss balls
- Nuts: cashews
- Fresh: pears, apples, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, radish, oranges
- Dried: apricot slices, mango slices, cranberries
- Savoury: basil, mini bread sticks
- Dips: cheese dips, beetroot
- Sweet: honey drizzle
For cheese, we like to keep it local by selecting delicious New Zealand cheeses that accompany our crackers perfectly. Our main picks are:
- Whitestone Vintage Windsor Blue
- Waimata Traditional Brie Cheese (the big round, of course)
- Meyer’s Goats Gouda
- Barry’s Bay Aged Edam
- Kapiti Port Wine Cheddar
- Mainland Creamy Havarti
- Puhio Valley Soft Camembert
Copy this for your next shopping trip and make sure to share your creations with us at @rutherfordandmeyer and #rutherfordandmeyerathome!